The Commission's Proposal
The Queensland Redistribution Commission has prepared its Proposal for the Redistribution of the State's Electoral Districts as required by the Electoral Act 1992.
The Queensland Redistribution Commission's Proposal (in full) (PDF, 33.1 MB)
- This is an optimised version for the web. For higher resolution maps, see the individual maps in the table below.
For improved resolution of the written report, please see the sections below: (note- district maps have been excluded due to their size)
- Part 1 and Part 2 - Introduction and Reasons of the Proposed Redistribution (excluding maps) (PDF, 3.4 MB)
- Part 3 - Boundary Descriptions of the Proposed Districts (PDF, 866.8 KB)
- Part 4 - Biographies (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Part 5 - Appendices (PDF, 901.8 KB)
- An addendum to page 234 (PDF, 134.7 KB) provides information regarding the transfer of Palm Island from Townsville to the Hinchinbrook electorate.
- The map for Moggill (PDF, 5.2 MB) has been edited to reflect the correct name for the neighbouring electorate of Maiwar.
- The spelling of a suburb in the Rockhampton map (PDF, 916.1 KB) has been corrected.
For data files relating to the proposed changes, see the Electoral Enrolment Statistics.
To view the existing 89 electoral districts and their boundaries, please see the 2008 Redistribution Maps. Alternatively, search your address on Find Your Electorate and use the toggle buttons to view the current and proposed boundaries.
|Proposed District Maps|
Interested persons and organisations are invited to make objections and comments regarding the proposed boundaries and names of Queensland's 93 electoral districts. The Commission will accept objections for 30 days from the publication of the Gazette notice, and must be lodged with the Commission on or before 5pm Monday, 27 March 2017. To have your say, go to Make a Submission or for more information about the review process, see the Commission's Timeline.